23 May – 2 June.
‘How the Light Gets In’ festival at Hay, UK. I will do a talk at the festival, and take part in a panel discussion on Beauty, with Griselda Pollock and Julian Stallabrass.
Opening Connections at SITE festival 2013
DRECK online artwork 'A WOMAN UNIUS LIBRI'
Hal Silver - NEW WEBPAGE!!!
Featured in the Dec/Jan Issue of MODERN PAINTERS - 100 Artists to Watch.
TIME MACHINES - Current Moving Image Practise in the UK (published at the Statoil Art Collection web pages)
Beverly Knowles talks about Conversations With The Other Side" (See listing Friday 13th of November 2009)
PRICES AND AWARDS
2012 One year state suportet working grant from Vederlagsfonden in Norway.
The Open Prize 2011 - and did a show with Open Gallery in relation to this.
SELECTED GROUP EXHIBITIONS
'Long Live the New Flesh'. Event at ICA, London - (Curated by Jack Brindley & Tim Dixon)
Mary Anne Atwood - Full Circle/Untitled. At Oval Art Space, London
Elements. ArtEco Gallery, London
I HELHEIM 2 - ORDET. Show at KINO KINO, Centre for Art and Film, Norway.
In The Presence Of Multible Possibilities at French Riviera Gallery, London, UK
‘I Helheim’ at Prosjektrom Normanns, Stavanger, Norway
'LIGHTS ON' at Rogaland Art Senter, The 'Bakspeil' project, Stavanger.
'Art of Angel' at The Candid Arts Trust.
"The Edge of Reason" at KINO KINO, Centre for Contemporary Art, Sandnes, Norway.
Also including Susan Hiller, Hilma Af Klint, Ben Judd, Karen Russo, Oscar Munos and Susan McWilliam.
Film festival ESPACIO ENTER CANARIAS in Spain.
CRUNCH.2011 Arts Festival
VIDEO IN BRITAIN TODAY at Bermondsey Project Space. Curated by Edward Lucie Smith
*'The Supernormal Picture Society" at Apiary Gallery, London
*'Sucks to be you', at The Woodmill, London
*ARTPROJX CINEMA, The Armory show, New York
*Moving Images, traveling screening program, Bangalore and New Delhi, India
*"Britney Spears - Sexually Motivated - And The Black Hole Consequence" at Vilma Gold Gallery, London, UK
*“Are you Experienced”, curated by Five Storey Projects, Space Gallery, UK
*“The Morouge Room”, Hospital Club, London, UK
* "SHOW 1" Degree Show, Royal College of Art
* "The Object of The Attac" at The David Roberts Art Foundation, London, UK
* "Hal Silver" at Russian Club Gallery, London, UK
* "Concerning Dual Transmission (Over a Long Distance)" at The Hockney Gallery, London UK
* "IT’S A MESS AND MOST PROBABLY IRREVERSIBLE" curated by Five Storey Projects, Jotta Space, London, UK
* "Helmut Newton Ladies Night" hosted by the artist Spartacus Chetwynd at Royal Academy of Arts, London, UK
* “The Birnam Art Trail” organised by The Perthshire Visual Arts Forum, Schotland.
* "...and the real becomes fictitious" Galería 13, Mexico.
* "Darlah" 5 day public screening of the film as part of ‘Stavanger Cultural City 2008’, Norway
* "International video screening 2008" Gallery ET4U, Bøvlingbjerg, Denmark.
* "Negotiating The Edge" at Global Arts Village,Delhi, India. (Exhibiton as part of a two month Artist Recidency program at GAV.)
* "Mouvement d’Images, Images en Mouvement" at Espace Ecnanosér, Jarnac, France.
* "Vestlandsutstillingen (The Westcoast Exhibition)" traveling exhibition, Norway.
* "CARMA", exhibition arranged by ‘Carma Production’, Tou Scene, Stavanger Norway.
* "Mother / Daughter", exhibition with artist Susanne Cristensen. Gallery ET4U, Denmark
* "Sandnes Art society’s jubelee exhibiton" Sandnes, Norway.
* "Insight" at 12 Nelson Gardens, London, UK
* "Høstutstillingen (The Autumn Exhibition)" at Kunstnerenes Hus, Oslo,Norway.
* "NuArt" at Tou Scene, Stavanger, Norway.
PERFORMATIVE LECTURES AND LIVE EVENTS
"Britney Spears - Sexually Motivated - And The Black Hole Consequence" at Space Gallery, London UK
"Britney Spears - Sexually Motivated - And The Black Hole Consequence" at Vilma Gold Gallery, London, UK
* "Conversations With the Other Side" at The David Roberts Art Foundation, London, UK
* "Britney Spears - Sexually Motivated - And The Black Hole Consequence" at The South London Cultural Centre, London, UK.
* "Encounters" at Westminister Universety, UK.
* "The Bells" at Royal College of Art, london, UK
* "Study of Compositions: On Modernism and Mysticism" Nottingham University, Fine Art Department, UK
* "Encouners" at Video Symposium organised by The Contemporary Visual Art Centre Vestjylland,Denmark
* "Encouners" at Goldsmith College, UK.
* "The artist as Magician" at Tou Scene, Stavanger, Norway
* "Romantisism and Nihilism" at Tou Scene, Stavanger, Norway
I am curating the show " The Edge of Reason" at KINO KINO, Centre for Contemporary Art, Sandnes, Norway.
The show is co-curated with artist Ben Judd and includes includes Susan Hiller, Hilma Af Klint, Ben Judd, Karen Russo, Oscar Munos and Susan McWilliam. We are also planning a symposium to run as part of the show, and a screening program featuring Marcus Coates, Maya Deren and The Wilson Sisters amongst others.
Founding member of "Hal Silver", artist and curatorial collective.
Curator at Tou Window Gallery, Tou Scene, Stavanger, Norway.
Curatorial projects include:
* "Voyages" – Solo show with artist David Buckley
* "Three Lectures" – a series of performative lectures
With artists Rehana Zaman, Lucy Clout and Atla.
* "Nature Untouched" – Group show of video and moving image
including artists Anne Klovning – Norway,
David Ferrando Giraut - Spain., Keren Shavit – Israel,
Marcus Coates – England, Tobias Sterenberg – Sweden,
Urara Tsuchiya – Japan.
MA Fine Art, Royal College of Art, London UK.
BA Fine Art, Goldsmith College, London UK.
European Film College. Ebeltoft, Denmark.